Are you skillful in organization? Or are you the type of person who’s just “all over the place?” Ever find yourself missing due dates on assignments and appointments or are you one of those people who have a bad memory (like me)? Well, today I have the perfect solution!
Here are a few tips on how to have a successful semester:
- ALWAYS MAKE A LIST OF SHORT AND LONG TERM GOALS BEFORE THE SCHOOL YEAR STARTS
- PLACE THE LIST ON THE WALL OR BEHIND THE DOOR of YOUR BEDROOM SO IT’S IN ATTENTION
- REMAIN CONSISTENT; AND REMEMBER TO CHECK OFF GOALS AS YOU MEET THEM, THAT WAY YOU MAINTAIN A STEADY PACE
- MAKE DEADLINES FOR EACH OF THE GOALS
- KEEP A WEEKLY “TO DO LIST”
- BUY A YEARLY CALENDAR TO PLACE BESIDE THE GOALS AND “TO DO LIST” AND MARK X’ES AND/OR WRITE ADDITIONAL NOTES REGARDING HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS, PROJECTS, AND OTHER CLASS MATERIAL FOR THE SEMESTER
- HIGHLIGHT FOR URGENCY
- ADJUST GOALS AND T0-DOs AS MUCH AS NEEDED (PLANS DON’T ALWAYS GO THE WAY WE INTEND. IT IS OKAY TO SUBSTITUTE, CHANGE DATES, OR ARRAGE GOALS AND TO-DOs)
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, ALWAYS CONTINUE TO REFER BACK TO EACH OF THESE ON A DAILY BASIS!!!!!!!
Usually, I am a very organized student but lately I have found myself slacking simply because I didn’t create these lists before the semester started. Every year, since my sophomore year, I created goals and to-do lists. August and September I found myself being off schedule, task, and out of my element. I am only myself when I’m organized. Now, I’m back on track and I am ready to conquer this semester!
Try these few tips guys. THEY ARE EXTREMELY HELPFUL!!!!!! I guarantee it!
From here on out, I think I have found a regular blog topic for the rest of the semester: TIPS ON HOW TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL SCHOOL YEAR.