- Get a head start on assignments and projects!
– Reframe from waiting until a due date is approaching to start on an assignment or project. It is best to work on the assigned task daily so that you will have as much of it done on or before the deadline.
- Look at the cup half way filled, not half way empty!
– Every once in a while applaud yourself for all the hard work you have put into the semester thus far. You have not come this far to give up. Repeat to yourself “I am almost there”!
- Beware of the misleading brain!
– Be careful not to let negative thoughts mislead you. Fill your mind with positivity and remember that a healthy mind means a happy body. The brain sends signals to the body; therefore, if you train your mind to produce only constructive thoughts the body will react correspondingly.
- Continue to get the proper nutrients and rest!
– Remember that breakfast the most important meal of the day. If you find yourself not having time to sit down and eat a morning meal, grab a banana, apple, or grain bar. If your classes are scheduled close together pack a sandwich or healthy snacks that will help get you through the day. Also, those eight to nine hours of rest are very important. If you cannot find time to get those hours in take a nap every chance you get to rejuvenate the body.
- STUDY! STUDY! STUDY!
– Study in the parking lot before you get out of the car, on the train, walking to campus, in a restaurant, on the toilet, in the beauty salon, during ESPN football commercials, during break time a work, or wherever/whenever you can find time. There is no way around exams! Just STUDY!!